Monday 28 February 2011

Kitchen Tile Stickers!

I fear I have been chatting too much about food recently (what with it being my new obsession and all) so I thought I'd write about something else that I have done recently.

You see, as I live in a rented apartment, it goes without saying that there will be something hideous. That, my friends, is in my apartment in the form of kitchen tiles.


Errrrr. Gross. They remind me of summer houses in the Mediterranean. Not a good look in England.

But back when I was at university, I revamped my hideous kitchen with some groovy tile stickers. So I figured I'd do the same here!

First I got out some leftover stickers (because I do save things like that for 2 years...) and tested them out to see if Matthew would give me the thumbs up.


And he did! But not in pink. Our place is far too girlie as it is, and it's a bit harsh on the boy to have almost everything feminine, so I chose green as a good colour. That would tie in well with the cupboards and cream walls (who designed this place?!) and make it feel a bit more 'funky' in there.

I only needed one packet so it cost me a grand total of £9! Woo! £9 to update a kitchen? Er, yes please!


So okay, it's not a drastic makeover or anything, but it feels a bit more contemporary in there now. Who chooses 'bumpy' tiles in the first place is beyond me, but hey - I did the best I could. And looks totally cute with the scales.


And here's the whole kitchen in all it's new green mosaic glory!


An improvement, don't you think?

4 comments:

  1. Love the green!!! You're right - the lemons are cute and all..but not exactly English. heh

    (Did you know you can do something really similar to your walls? You can stick up fabric using ironing starch. It pulls right off, doesn't damage the paint, and the starch will wipe off with a damp rag. I did my daughter's nursery that way, in our rental.)

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, it looks lots better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo much better!

    http://lanis-hammertime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i love that! i have never heard of tile stickers, but what a great idea/solution!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...