Tuesday 2 November 2010

Sparkly Things

There is a shop that I walk by each and every week when I go food shopping. It is a shop called Cristabel and it is full of pretty things.

I had a bit of a nosey the other week and was in awe as I walked around the tiny shop, admiring all the beautiful pieces of jewellery and miniature glass bottles draped in crystals and clear beads.

I picked up one of these bottles and looked at the price tag. £20? For a teeny tiny bottle? I don't care how pretty is it - I am not paying that for something I could make myself.

So I will. But for now, I have taken inspiration from the way everything was presented in that shop and have re-vamped my vanity area appropriately.


My new necklaces are now on display - perfect for not only looking pretty, but so that they don't tangle. A new case to store all my make-up now matches the space and perfume bottles add a bit more sparkle. Eventually I would like to hang a few necklaces on the wall, as it would be more practical to be able to see all of the mirror when I'm putting my make-up on, but for the moment that necklace is my favourite and I generally am always wearing it whenever I need to freshen up!

This has brightened up this corner of my bedroom so much. It was definitely needed. And it makes sure I clear up after myself as everywhere has a place to go! Definitely much better than walking into my bedroom and finding a chest of drawers cluttered with my face.

4 comments:

  1. Oo la la! This is so pretty!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! And you are my kind of girl that you wouldn't pay that much for something you could make yourself! Thanks so much for linking up to the party this week,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there~ Love your little vanity area-it is so sweet! The mirror is beautiful as are all your little touches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi- just stopping back over to say thank you for stopping by and sharing this at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...